You have a picture in your mind of what you want in your Dream Home. Is it the same picture that your partner has? Is it realistic and within your budget? Will it fit your lifestyle longterm or will you grow out of it quickly? You need to be prepared to communicate your wants and needs before you and your agent start the home search. This is a comprehensive questionnaire to complete first. You can go over this with your agent to clarify anything that you may not be sure about.
1. Full legal name?
2. Contact Information? Best way to contact you?
1. Why are you moving?
2. What kind of purchase are you making? i.e. first home, investment, vacation
3. Do you need to sell your current home before purchasing a new one?
4. What do you like or dislike about your current home?
1. What style of home do you want?
2. What would your ideal home have? i.e. # bedrooms, baths, garage, formal dining, large kitchen, etc.
3. Do you want to live in a certain area? i.e. school district, close to work, close to a downtown, etc.
4. How much privacy do you want? i.e. zero lot line, large lot, etc.
5. Do you have any special requirements? i.e. special features for accessibility, area to park boat, etc.
6. What are your “must haves” and what are your “deal breakers”? i.e. open kitchen/family room, formal entry, flat lot, oversized garage, no “T” intersection, North facing entry, etc.
1. Are your finances in order? Prequalified and comfortable with the projected payments, down payment funds are liquid.
2. What is your time frame? i.e. before particular holiday, before school starts, etc.
3. Have you already started your search? i.e. how long, online only, open homes, worked with another agent, etc.
4. Will anyone else have an input on the purchase? i.e. family member, partner, spouse, etc.
5. What are you looking for in an agent? i.e. hands-on, preview homes to save time, how much communication and when or how.
Post a Comment